[pct-l] Scott Williamson & Adam Bradley need your help

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Feb 13 20:46:53 CST 2010

Unsupported Snow Bunny Reinhold wrote: Scott & Adam set a new PCT record of.....65 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes.....in 2009.  Scott, who has now "thru-hiked" the PCT "TWELVE" times including two yo-yos, is the unquestionable, undeniable, undisputed "King of the PCT. They are planing to go for a new "supported" PCT record in 2010 and are looking for support team volunteers.
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: Under 66 days supported is child's play for us hard core hiker trash.  I could do it in an even 50 days.  I am now planning my thru-balloon of the PCT.  My solar powered propeller motor will push me right up the trail (with refrig, cushy bed, etc.) in no time at all.  I will laugh at the little dust clouds below of them rushing along doing their 45 mile days.  I will yell down to them;
"Hey, anyone got anymore fresh milk and fruit for my ganola? I only have 4 days reserves left up here."

"Say, do you guys have any peach ice cream?  I am getting low and like to mix Breyer's peach and strawberry ice cream together up here for desert."

"Looks like a lot of snow down there.  My Western Mountaineering Bison GWS bag is really keeping me toasty and warm.  Are you guys nice and toasty down there in the ice and snow?"

"My super king-size down pillow is really comfortable.  Hope those skimpy light-weight backpacks you are using for pillows are more comfortable than they look."

"Do you guys have the new copy of the satellite TV guide.  Mine is about the run out and I don't want to miss my nightly programs."

"I would send down some Jack Daniel's for a little night cap to warm you up, but I don't want you walking in zigzag line tomorrow.  May be I can send down some cappuccino if I have extra after my hot pancake breakfast with real maple syrup."

"Oh, I saw on the Internet today that your resupply is not coming at the next way-station.  The rain washed out all the side trails your friends would use to bring in your grub.  You will have to go on half rations for the next 200 miles.  No problem."

"Well, I will be waiting up at Canada when you FINALLY arrive."