[pct-l] Southbound Questions

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 15:46:30 CST 2010

I did exactly that, and I had a good time.  I'm just saying that - having
hiked the extra 35 or so miles to the border and back - I can say that if I
*hadn't* hiked them, my summer wouldn't have been any less awesome.  The
section is cool, and seeing the monument is awesome... but *not seeing it*
wouldn't have made my hike any less of a feat (IMO).

But I suppose if one is more in love the *idea* of a thruhike ... then
they'd be disapointed with anything less than hiking every last inch of the
trail.  To each their own.

I say HYOH.  If you need to hike every last mile of the trial to be happy,
then hike every last mile of the trail.

I think 35 miles - in the scope of a 2,650 mile-long trail, is
insignificant.  Someone who hikes from Mexico to Harts Pass and goes home
has thruhiked the PCT in my opinion.

:)

--
Austin Williams
PlanYourHike.com

"The mountains are calling and I must go."   -John Muir