[pct-l] Southbound Questions

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Fri Feb 12 23:11:12 CST 2010

I seem to recall that there are protecive sleeves for your passport, DL,
whatever that prevents those chips from bein read.  I think the sleeves
are lined with metal foil which absorbs the RF and doesn't allow the
RFID chip to respond.  Maybe just wrapping your passport in aluminum
foil while you are worried about it being read would do the trick.

I with a little forethought got my current passport before the US
finally started issuing the RFID ones. I've also read that the security
of the new chips is easily cracked. Another reason to carry your
passport in a sleeve.

This is only my 1¢ worth  -- probably not even worth 2¢.

Tortoise

Because truth matters"