[pct-l] transmitterds in passports and licences.

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Fri Feb 12 19:30:12 CST 2010

there are no documents that have radio transmiters in them.
some documents like smart cards, freeway speed pass etc have what is call a
RFID.
Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is the use of an object (typically
referred to as an RFID tag) applied to or incorporated into a product, animal,
or person for the purpose of identification and tracking using radio waves.
Some tags can be read from several meters away and beyond the line of sight of
the reader.

Radio-frequency identification comprises interrogators, also known as readers,
and tags, also known as labels.

Most RFID tags contain at least two parts. One is an integrated circuit for
storing and processing information, modulating and demodulating a
radio-frequency (RF) signal, and other specialized functions. The second is an
antenna for receiving and transmitting the signal.

There are generally three types of RFID tags: active RFID tags, which contain a
battery and can transmit signals autonomously, passive RFID tags, which have no
battery and require an external source to provoke signal transmission, and
battery assisted passive (BAP) which require an external source to wake up but
have significant higher forward link capability providing great read range.

These are what is used in theft deterrence in stores, and access control cards
for security systems, etc.
Documents don't have batteries, they have to be scanned by a device called an
interrogator,which emits a signal to make the device and antenna oscillate at a
frequecnty determined buy the proprietary device. the interogator( SCANNER)
reads the responding signal.
The range of use varies from a few inches to about  10 feet.
Put the tin foil hats back on, no one is watching you, except your mom, and she
says turn off the tv and go to bed.

canoeman

he said:

Maybe American passports do not have the transmitters, or maybe the Canadian
passports do not either. Maybe it is just our enhanced drivers licences that
do. I did not get this information for any conspiracy theory website or
anything, either all or one form of Canadian government issued ID has radio
transmitters for the specific reason to ease traffic flow into the United
States. After taking a quick look online, I can't find any information on
passports, so I must have been misinformed about them, however, I am fairly
certain that Manitoban enhanced drivers licences have radio transmitters.