[pct-l] Into the Wild

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Fri Feb 12 00:37:09 CST 2010

Ooooooooh!  I was thinking of the wrong guy!

I was thinking of the climber who cut off his own arm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston

HE had a chance of making it into Google Earth (though I suppose this
guy would have too!)

Yeah, this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_McCandless

sounds like he was short on "his meds".  Amazing how someone who has
trouble working within society and reads a little Thoreau, thinks they
can just "strike out into the woods!"  Then it turns into "striking
out in the woods".  I agree with you Mary - he never heard that it
takes a village - to make a village!

Don't get me started on this guy!  (lived with the grizzly and got
eaten by them)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

BillB