[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 26, Issue 39

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Mon Feb 8 13:47:27 CST 2010

As an older hiker, I never had problems with rangers until they started carrying
guns, and the swat like outfits they wear now.
It just seems to me, that carrying guns changes people, and frankly most rangers
seem to be more aggressive, and angry. The mood seems to have changed from
forest keeper to armed policeman.
I'm sure they run into their fair share of jerks, but I find myself staying
clear of, and not talking to or socializing with them at all.
I see them as policeman now, looking for infractions to be punished.
They have a job to do, just glad I don't have to do it.
It seems like it would weigh heavy on your soul, to carry a gun for a living.

canoeman

they said ;