[pct-l] Waterproof Packs

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Sun Feb 7 11:28:08 CST 2010

I use two Sea to Summit Ultra-sil Dry Sacks for my clothes and sleeping bag
(less than 2 ounces each) and regular sil-nylon stuff sacks for food and
ditties. Electronics go inside a ziplock if there is rain and then inside
one of the other stuff sacks. Never had anything important get wet this way.

I like this method better than one big pack liner because if you need to get
something out of your pack when it's raining you don't have to worry about
water getting inside the liner, since everything is in its own little
waterproof sack.

Happy trails,
Erik the Black

Check out my new backpacking blog: