[pct-l] Tarptent Contrail problem

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 7 01:06:01 CST 2010

Ahoy matey,
Avast ye landlubbers...
Wind is your friend !!!
No but seriously, I've got a few years sailing and rigging experience on most folks.  So what I do when the breeze is on is rather than have my pole, stick, or whatever under the tarp creating puncture or chafe issues, I put the pole where I want it and make a wrap or two around the pole with the guy line and then to the stake, rock, limb etc.  I have to do this with my tarp (not a tarp tent) or I will immediately get a hole and thus a tear.
As a side note, try finding a place to rig your kit out of the wind : ) As far as I know the tarp tent is an ultra light set up that isn't designed for four season type environments, but good on you for throwing it to the gods.
SGA