[pct-l] tide, planning, rangers, comments

Deep Desert Expeditions mike at deepdesert.com
Sat Feb 6 11:05:20 CST 2010

OK, I got the answer about planning that I couldn't quite get myself to say on my own--just get out and enjoy, and plan where the resupply's gonna be.  Perfect!

Now about the tide/herd--I guess it's not that much of an issue?  How about camping with that many folks?  How's that usually play out?

And then the Rangers--I keep seeing references to rangers giving hikers what seems to be a hard time; fire permits, going off itinerary; do they have something against backpackers?  or are there a few who've pushed things and now the rangers are checking everyone about everything?

gawsh i wish it would be spring already so I can start!!!

Moab Mike