[pct-l] Van-supported AT Geezer Hike 2010

Diana hoodooey at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 09:28:19 CST 2010

This is for the more mature a-hikin'-Americans on the list who may wish to consider 'that other trail' this year. (One's "Unsupported" virginity could even remain unaffected for the PCT, Reinhold. Ah, but you may not be a geezer. Sorry. :o)

The Appalachian hike could be for you if you don't want to die of::
- heat in the desert
- sliding off the mountain in the Sierra
- blood loss by mosquito in Oregon (if the Sierra bugs have left any), or
- being trampled by stampeding pack stock.

It's good to remember that John Muir hiked the Appalachians BEFORE heading to the Sierras. Never mind that he didn't go back, the point is that these are also lovely mountains in need of hikers.

So posting this for the one and only, the beloved Loon...

Don't forget the GEEZER HIKE, a not-for-profit, van-supported trek of the Appalachian Trail starting April 1, 2010. Intended for those over 50, slightly daft and in search of new adventures. (If you are over 50 and want to thru-hike the AT, that criteria may apply to you!  :o)

I'm supplying the van and the driver; expenses will be shared. After hiking the AT several times, I want to do it this way, with 6-10 friends this summer. If interested, check out this website: www.ratherBhiking.com/hikes/geezers/.

As of this writing, the expedition is still in need of a driver. If you'd like to spend the spring and summer driving and hiking in the Appalachians, please let me know.

All the best to PCT and AT classes of 2010!

Loon

Please make any contact through the above-referenced webpage. (PMs from this post may go unanswered.)

[Cross-posted to AT-L and WhiteBlaze]