[pct-l] Would love comments on my gear list!

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Fri Feb 5 01:39:00 CST 2010

I don't know about what is needed on the Arizona trail, but here are the
things you likely will find you won't need on the PCT:
sleeping bag liner
pillow
tent footprint
Vibrams
Yaktrax
Jetboil stove (a FancyFeast cat food can with some holes punched in it works
great and is 3/4lb lighter)
MSR hydration bag - instead, try a lighter Platypus or better yet some
gatorade bottles
water filter - instead try 3oz of AquaMira
GPS
bear bag (not legal in Yosemite area and unnecessary everywhere else)
pepper spray

-julian