[pct-l] REI

Joe McDougall long4trails at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 17:20:21 CST 2010

I have an REI within a mile from my house, and it is always a good stop for gel-blasts/shots, electrolite mix, and other consumables.  I love window shopping for new headlamps - can you believe that the new LEDs can cast a blinding 100 yd beam for over 80 hours.  That rocks!  I dream of buying high quality optics, but would never dream of carrying them on a section hike.  My UL dreams usually start with www.Backcountrygear.com (that's where I bought my TarpTent), www.golite.com and www.Prolitegear.com.  This past December I got a sub 1 lb. down sweater from Land's End for only $49.  At that price, I don't mind a few extra ounces.

Happy Trails!
Long4Trails