[pct-l] Digital Journals - What Device to use

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:10:29 CST 2010

One way to find out how poorly Sprint (and when I looked 2 years ago,
T-Mobile) work along the trail is to find their online service maps, i.e.,
places where THEY claim they provide service and where they don't.  Randomly
insert a few zipcodes for trail town post offices.  My experience in doing
that showed Sprint and T-Mobile coverage limited almost exclusively to
cities.

One interesting approach might be to try to convince Adam Varga at
http://trailphone.net to adapt his phone-blog AT service to work for the PCT
as well; I wouldn't guess it would be all that difficult (?).

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle