[pct-l] Cookless meals - kitchen set

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 17:08:24 CST 2010

Hi Jim,

I would have responded sooner..but I was on a hut trip. (3 days of skiing, wine and good food in the backcountry! Oh yes!
I did NOT go cookless. ;)   )

Anyway, here's my cookset:

Lexan spoon
Gatorade bottle (same one I use during the day).

That's it. :)

I usually hydrate my meals in a ziplock and eat right out of the bag. For about a  1oz penalty, you could use
small Ziplock bowl.

I love going cookless for longer hikes now. The futz factor is low and many common backpacking foods
(mashed potato flakes, cous cous, Ramen, dehydrated bean mixes, hummus) work just fine w/o cooking.
Throw in some tuna, summer sausage or pepperoni bits and it is all good.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/
http://www.facebook.com/pmags