[pct-l] Water Cooled Cat Can Stove

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:19:33 CST 2010

I just finished creating a heating profile for the Water Cooled Cat Can Stove.  The heating profile shows the temperature difference with time while heating 2 cups of water (1.3 liter titanium pot with lid).  I carried out control experiments with and without adding water to the stove.  I also tested the stove using 9.5 and 19 ml of ethanol.  In summary adding water increased the burn time by two times or more.

You can view the results at HikeThru.com or follow the direct link below.

http://hikethru.com/hiking-information/backyard-science/homemade-stoves

Paul