[pct-l] Water Cooled Cat Can Stove

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:53:43 CST 2010

If you add water you can double the simmering time... it is like doubling your fuel for free.

Check out the control experiment with stove ID 10 and ID 10a where water is added to cool the tea (candle removed) can and water is left out (no cooling).  The simmering time is double with water added....

http://hikethru.com/hiking-information/backyard-science/homemade-stoves

Paul

P.S. the cooling water went from about 17 degrees Celsius to about 50 degrees Celsius, so there is some heat transfer going on between the tea lite stove and the water.