[pct-l] Trail names/fox noise

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 19:54:12 CST 2010

And to continue this seemingly non PCT oriented string, (this all began as a
joke on trail last year in the High Sierra, and now all y'all are being
subjected to it) I try to rebel against any superimposed Latin constructs on
our lovely Germanic tongue.  Just because 60 percent of the lexicon is from
the French, and therefor of Latin derivation, doesn't mean we have to absorb
the structure, in spite of what our grammar teachers told us.  And since my
long suffering wife is from NY City, I'd rather hear "y'all" any day over
"yous guys," which is just too close to home.

Great stuff TrailHacker.  I guess the closest this kind of fun comes to the
trail, is that it reminds me of the goofy fun we all had out there.  Without
naming names, it's the kind of camaraderie of people whose names start with
Switchback and JMT Rheinhold, that made the trail so special.  'Course in
that case, many of you may say to hell with that trail.

Happy New Year to All Y'all,

Shroomer