[pct-l] Trail Names

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 16:24:16 CST 2010

Hey Greg,

I'd be happy to take you or anyone else on this list on a foray, but I live
in the SF East Bay, and winter is the mushroom season up here.  So if you
can make it here, you've got a hike on me, and a visit to John Muir's house,
if you're interested, as I live across the street from the Muir National
Monument.  It's a lovely place, and really special for some of us.  He wrote
10 of his 11 books there.  Let me know.

And please do keep to the old saying of not picking if you're not sure.  It
is very dangerous to goof around, or even pick from a book, as the pictures
are often just not right.  The best book however for West Coast mushrooms is
David Aurora's, Mushrooms Demystified, a huge tome, but very readable.  Best
field guide is his much smaller, All That The Rains Promise, And More.  if
you've got something interesting, take a picture of it, top, bottom, in the
ground and out, the closer up the better, and email it to me and if it's
really obvious, I'll let you know what it is, if I know anyway.

Shroomer