[pct-l] clean water

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 11:13:28 CST 2010

I see alot about what products to use to treat my water and so far I like
bleach.  But I would rather just carry some type of filter so I can just
refill my camelback and keep trexing.  Any filter recomedations I will be in
socali for my section hike so I know the water is less than desirable.
Thanks,
Gerry
On Dec 29, 2010 8:50 AM, "James F. Miller" <jamesfmiller at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Opps
>
> I messed up.
>
> I meant to say MSR Autoflow Gravity Filter 10.5 oz
>
>> From: aaron at skeeky.com
>> To: jamesfmiller at hotmail.com; pct-l at backcountry.net
>> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:30:26 -0800
>> Subject: Re: [pct-l] clean water
>>

>> I used a Hyperflow on the JMT. While at first it lived up to its name and
pumped effortlessly, after about a week it became almost impossible to pump
water through, even after performing the backflush procedure repeatedly. In
fact, it became so hard to pump through that the rubber one-way valves would
occasionally invert--easy enough to fix, but frustrating. The reviewers at
backpackinglight.com found the same issue. MSR did a recall and issued
updated filters, but the improvement was minor at best.