[pct-l] Trail Names

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 24 15:53:45 CST 2010

>Disreali Gears - three young Israeli men who had just finished their military service before hiking the PCT in lock >step military fashion, looking like gears in machinery.

Plus, the Cream album called "Disraeli Gears".  Rhymes with Israeli.  They biked a lot a home.  Their TN worked at several different levels.

My favorite came from the AT in '06.  A young man from Ohio was admiring the view from a fire tower on a mt-top in GA or NC, maybe Wayah Bald.  HIs reaction was "Wow.  You can see 365 degrees from up here."  From that moment on, he was (and still is) 365 (pronounced "three sixty-five").

Mango