[pct-l] Rain Jacket

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Tue Dec 21 20:38:46 CST 2010

I've tried lots of options, including a precip, which didn't keep me
dry.  I've finally accepted the fact I'm going to get wet - both from
sweat and from inundation from without.  If someone has a piece of
raingear that has kept them "DRY" speak up.  I don't think it exists.

So, I've decided to use a silnylon poncho - 6 oz or so.  I can wrap it
around my body and with a billed hat, fight off the worst squalls, for a
while at least.  Or when it's an all day sprinkle, i can loosen it all
and let my body "breathe".

the key is polypro/some sort of fleece next to the skin that can get wet
but if protected from the wind, doesn't getlet me get cold.

Just my opinion.

Jeffrey Olson, loving the green and wet of northern california after the
dun brown of South Dakota...
Santa Rosa...