[pct-l] Winter backpacking: any good books?

Bryan Cox bcox120 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 02:37:06 CST 2010

I was a hiker PCT in 05' In the Sisters area. We hit our first taste of snow.
And I mean a lot of snow. We were willing to turn around because the three  of
us never hiked in long distant snow field before til we met a small group of
pct'ers (names unknown) They had a small dog that lead the way for us over the
snow fields. I always remember how much I didn't have faith that the dog could
lead our way and wanting to turn back, but she did find 20 mi of trail under
many feet of snow. So are dog ok on the trail? Friend to man, what to Trail?