[pct-l] sub-6 oz rain jacket?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sun Dec 19 16:27:22 CST 2010

John,

I have a silnylon pullover rain parka that weighs 4.75 oz; the silnylon pants are 3.25 oz.  I bought them from Dancinglightgear before my '06 AT hike.  They lasted me through all the AT and the part of the PCT I did this summer (although it didn't rain near as much on the PCT as it did on the AT).  Still work fine, but silnylon does not breathe, so you sweat from the inside.  And much cheaper than the name brand gear you mentioned.

Unfortunately, dancinglightgear was a two-person company that has since dissolved.  Surely somebody out there is making silnylon gear in their garage.  Good luck.

Mango