[pct-l] Lots of stuff and more...

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 20:10:07 CST 2010

Well there's i think 5 Paul's on here;  but i'm feeling conceited, so i'll say
"no problem... i love talking to peeps on here" and if you meant another Paul
then i guess i made an ass of myself... wouldn't be the first time.

if you have a local health food shop it can be a fun time and good investment to
just go buy one of each bar and try them all;  i did that and the ones i liked i
emailed the company's website and told them about what i was doing, and how i
feel their food would make a perfect trail food, and when i hike people often
ask what i eat, so it's a great opportunity.
... i've gotten from 20% off discounts, to a free 12 pack of bars 'to hand out
to other hikers' etc.  cool thing being it's the products you chose.  most
company's are happy enough to sell 120 bars to one person,  let alone in a high
visibility (or perceived to be so)  usage.  Point being you should email
pemmican and see if they want to help you out,  it's amazing how warm the
reception tends to be when you try.  and if you plan on buying them anyway, may
as well save some cash.

do you know where you will be stopping for your testings ? leaving april first
might be scary come fuller ridge,  but not only that, say you passed ridge on
april 15'th . . . you'd be in nothing but snow around  big bear / the cajon pass
/ wrightwood as well.  i hope your stops come early...  if they do, i gotta say
i could spend more than a few days in idyllwild.  if not,  bring a sweater and
listen to Ned!  ; )

i'm a firm believer in 'hike alone' but camping together can be a fun unique
social experience.  i went into 2010 thinking i would camp alone every night,
turns out i really enjoyed the people i met;  which is a rarity for me.  guess
you never know until you're out there.

~Paul (one of 'em anyway)