[pct-l] Fitness

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 14:56:13 CST 2010

that's one hell of a disclaimer !

what echo found in her 2010 thru was that training miles made no difference,
training weight did.

she never got ny blisters on our regular 12 mile route we did to train here, but
once she loaded up with 4 liters of water and a bunch of food / extras her feet
began to kill her atfer a few days.

if you weight is under control it's a lot easier;  but that said,  train with
twice the weight you plan to hike with if you can,  the miles themselves are
easy and the day affords plenty of rest oportunities.  you will be in great
shape by the time you hit Big Bear california...

... the trail has a beautiful way of being a great trainer,  just as san jacinto
trains you for the sierras etc.

GOODLUCK ON YOUR THRU !!
when do you plan on starting ?
~Paul