[pct-l] Lee Vining eatery

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:20:53 CST 2010

I can partially gauge a good Sierra year by how many times I've been able to
make it to "The Mobile."  I didn't feel too bad that I couldn't get the
hitch down as that would have been the 8'th meal within 12 months.  Which
equates to a great mtn year!  But Smiles missed out.  Our partners who were
able to get a ride were still pretty mean  about why Smiles and I couldn't
get that ride as evidenced by the continuing ribbing from one of them:

Shroomer writes:   "Several of our party made it down to the Mobil at Mono
Lake, but Smiles and I waited and waited and waited, and finally gave up and
had pack food that evening.  We were teased unmercifully by our com-padres
who made the hitch, and had a great meal.  They told us they were treated to
dinner by the trail angels who picked them up in the first place.  Cold
shot, and probably a lie."

And Mango recently, and privately replies:  "Could we help it if we were
beautiful and you were ugly?

That was one of the great free meals of my life!  I still dream about the
four desserts each we were treated to by a bunch of Harley riders."

So clearly looks do matter when trying to get a hitch.  It obviously helps
to be one of the "beautiful people."

Sorry Mango, it was too good not to pass on.

Shroomer