[pct-l] Hitch-hiking

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:15:40 CST 2010

The PCT is not as hitch friendly as the AT -  but it is still not that bad.
On the AT I think everyone that I got a ride from knew of the AT.  On the
PCT only one ride giver was aware of the trail.  It was actually interesting
to talk with the folks who pick up PCT hikers cause they are so unaware of
the trail and long distance hiking.

I did find the hitch waits a little longer on the PCT - again I think it is
just the drivers are a bit less aware of the trail.

And yeah as Iceaxe said the hitch into Etna was 3+ very hot hours without
water.  Fill up before you get to the road as there was no water anywhere
near the road, it was miles forward or backward on the trail.  I must admit
that the beer I got when I finally made it to Etna was probably the best of
the trail, and I think it was a Coor's.  Now that is thirsty!

Day-Late