[pct-l] Hitch-hiking

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Tue Dec 14 09:11:31 CST 2010

> wondering if the same is true out on the PCT
Certain areas are easy to hitch a ride. Dead end roads to trail heads and in National parks. Some are tough as West Coast mentality is that hitch hikers are dangerous losers. Others are just illegal, Crater Lake area. The PCT culture is not as well established as the AT. I have only done the PCT but it is my understanding that the PCT is a whole different experience. Almost every time I have hitched I have been picked up by a hiker/trail angel. Sometimes after a hour with my thumb out. Every one else just pretends not to see you.
Robert