[pct-l] food strategy,

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 18:19:26 CST 2010

i'm much less experienced than steel-eye  (most of us are, i've no shame in it)

but when i started in 2010 i had majorly suppressed appetite, i had to force
food down the first week.

our bags will be 2,000 calories per person per day the first week and ramp up to
3200 by Kennedy meadows,  where it varies wildly based on what fits in the bear
can; and our resupply locations aren't planned that far in the future.

biggest thing, regardless of how much you can eat for dinner is, a constant
intake, ie. 100 calories an hour all day long.   remembering that carbohydrates
give you energy and that fats consume oxygen and create heat in the digestive
process,  so eating a glob of peanut butter for breakfast will make you winded
faster,  and eating blueberries for dinner will not keep you warm at night.
when you eat,  or,  'what you eat when' is vitally important, but is easy to
decide on trail, not really part of the planning process.
~Paul