[pct-l] food strategy,

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 16:03:14 CST 2010

my Wife Echo wrote this up,  i know very little about computers.  she wrote an
Excel / Access program for her work that is over 4 million cells, so she's been
doing it some ; )   like you said, spreadsheets... they spread.

i totally agree with what you've said,  as you add more and more info to it;  it
gets harder and harder to use.  so we've focused on 'fat' 'fiber' and 'protein'
with a master line for calories; and info for cost.

i think our real focus right now will be for ease of logistics... my sister
mails our boxes for us, so making bags into 'day rations' makes it easy, if our
pace is faster or slower we can call her and say 'hey, can you add 2 more day
bags to our Wrightwood resupply' etc.

sunday evening we made stoveless daybags and got 15 done @ 2700 calories per
person.  i think this system affords a simplicity that was not found in trying
to make custom boxes for each resupply point.

the downside is there is a little bit of waste,  say all of our bags include a
dinner, but one night we get dinner out,  etc.  but in order to make the whole
process uniformly easy not only for us prepping, but for my sister mailing,
we'll deal with the few wasted meals.

Thanks for your insight,  keepin is as simple as possible to retain legibility.
~Paul

PS, has anyone used the company 'just tomatoes etc'  their products store really
well if you suck&seal them in a vacuum bag,  and make wonderful little treats,
at 95 calories an ounce for the berries and fruit !  obviously they're not
walnuts or peanuts,  but it's good to have some taste variety.