[pct-l] Gear lists

Connie Davis connielavondavis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:07:22 CST 2010

Just a reminder to those fairly new to the list--lots of PCT hikers use the
gear tab on trailjournals.com and did gear reviews during/after their hikes.
 I still pack almost exactly the same way I did in 2005 including one recent
long distance hike (Coast-to-Coast in England 2008) and the CDT through
Glacier NP.  I would now use an Ursak instead of a stuff sack for food for
most of the trail. We used bear canisters from South Lake Tahoe to Kennedy
Meadows. (We were doing a flip-flop.) I've upgraded to a wool MEC top with a
hood instead of capilene for colder hikes.  New camera is heavier but has
video with sound and GPS capability. I have a 6 Moon Designs Lunar Duo now
(Mongous has the TarpTent and we used it on the CDT in some awful weather in
September.)

Lookout
http://www.trailjournals.com/lookoutandmongous