[pct-l] Fw: Stove Fires (addendum: shipping and hazmat)

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 20:50:57 CST 2010

at UPS we were told that our strict regulations were in place in order to 'match
regulations' put on the USPS....
perhaps this was rumour.  i suppose i can ask next time i'm mailing boxes,  but
i doubt anyone behind the counter will know all that well.

btw,  for a long while (i don't know about now),  the 4 ounces containers were
not hazmat, but the 8 ounce ones were.  not sure what other people buy i only
ever bought the 8's.

now the real question,   how could you ever get caught? assuming this is
domestic...  see if it is labelled hazmat, then we randomly open and check
them.  but if you don't declare it, it's not like people open the boxes to see
if you broke the law.  and it's not like the containers have changed in such a
way that they didn't pose a hazard before, but they do now.