[pct-l] Stove Fires

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Fri Dec 10 14:19:25 CST 2010

Pepsi can alcohol stoves are light weight and hot. A strong wind can blow them around spraying pressurized fuel as it goes. Also, since they pressurize by heating the entire stove they are not easy to stop with your hands. Plus there is no way to turn them off. This scenario has led to at least two forest fires that I have heard of.
I use esbit. A half tab will boil a cup of water in about 7 minutes. They are easy to blow out and easy to carry. Plus mailing them in your drop box is easy. (Legal?)
Robert