[pct-l] Thru hikers for 2011

Sarah Howard sjhoward76 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:39:30 CST 2010

Thru-hiked the PCT in 2004 & will be out there again in 2011, starting with
the masses at the KO. (To answer Paul's question, I thru-hiked the AT in
2001 and 2005)

Question for the list: I currently have a very abused Henry Shires Squall
tarptent that I really love, but am thinking about saving myself 14 oz and
switching to the Sublite. My only qualm is the caveat in the product specs -
"Fine for all night moderate rains but not recommended for long-duration
intense rainstorms."

After 35 consecutive days of precipitation in the Cascades in 2004, I'm
wondering if anyone has any actual experience with this tent in prolonged
wet conditions. Do you think it would hold up to a wet year in Washington?

Thanks.

Quijote (Sarah Howard)