[pct-l] sleeping bag - rei sub kilo (stuff sack continued:)

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 07:53:23 CST 2010

i couldn't agree more,
to add to that note,  if you bag is wet on a corner  (from condensation running
on it or something) and you stuff it into your stuff sack the entire bag gets
evenly wet.  with the 'cram in the bottom' method you can leave a bit of it up
and out of the way of the rest of the bag ...  making it dry out much much
quicker when you do stop for morning break  (i try to hike about 2 hours, then
eat... at which time my gear gets dried out)

i've seen people on northern hikes stuff their wet down bags into compression
sacks,  and it virtually never fluffs back up nice in time to get a good nights
sleep under it.  you're forcing the water into the down when you do that...
btw,  the Sea to Summit large eVent drysack weighs... 8.5 ounces on my scale
(they list it as six).

~Paul