[pct-l] Drop Box Wish List

Lisa Freathy rainorshinecamper at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 00:30:15 CST 2010

The posts these past days are getting my heart thumping with excitement... I
love that I will be on the trail next year and I love hearing so many others
talk about their 2011 hike! It has been several years of reading and talking
with others taking their journey and 2011 seemed so far away... now it is almost
here!

Ahhh, hiker drop box dreams. Mine would include...

~super salty, aged gouda cheese
~anything home made
~super yummy trail meals (like those in Dicentra's One Pan Wonders!)
~any type of random surprise toy, game or fun thing (leaving that wide open for
interpretation is even more fun!)
~notes of support and encouragement

I met two hikers on the trail last year who had friends and family "sign up" for
a resupply box location along their journey. They gave some direction as to what
would be good hiker food and how much would be needed for each box, but
otherwise left it to that person as to what should be included. Each town stop
revealed a box from loved ones with a variety of foods and other surprises. I
thought it was such a terrific idea!!

Happy Hiking!
Lisa

"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb
a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
~ John Muir