[pct-l] Thru hikers for 2011...

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:38:06 CST 2010

*do you guys have most of your gear already?
*I've been backpacking for years, so I could theoretically leave tomorrow,
but I'm giving every item on my list some scrutiny. I've already made a few
changes and plan to make a few more. Mostly I will be remaking much of the
gear I made for myself several years ago.

*anybody bringing anything especially unique?
*Assuming the company can get their supplier issues worked out, I'm bringing
an nPower PEG to charge my iPhone. It won't be too unique, as I think there
are at least 2 other hikers planning to take one also.

*anyone one of your guys AT vets?
*Does a couple miles in a few spots count? LOL
I'm thinking the AT will be the next long hike. My wife keeps expressing
interest in hiking the PCT too. Knowing here social nature, I think she will
enjoy the AT more, so I told her we can do that one together in 2012. ;)

If you're compiling a list that includes start dates, I'm planning to start
on my 40th bday, 4/20. The last couple weeks though I've been considering
starting earlier. I wanted to make the hike a sort of gift to myself by
starting on my bday, but I kind of want to start early so I can go slow at
first and have cooler temps through the deserts.

~Kevin
Soon To Be PCT Thru Hiker!
"The indoor life is the next best thing to premature burial." Edward Abbey