[pct-l] My feet are killing me!

Ken and Wanda Brimmer kbrimmer at cccomm.net
Thu Dec 2 20:26:48 CST 2010

The balls on my feet are unusually large and as a consequence I get a lot of blisters..but after reading the articles about Morton's Neuroma, I believe many of you have hit the nail on the head. Wrong metaphor but you get the idea.  I have learned to work with the pain (hence the name Whimpie) and as long as I stop and wriggle my toes, I can continue.  Diane, you have suggested a wider shoe which makes perfect since.  Can you recommend a wide shoe.  I currently wear the Osolo brand.  Heavy but waterproof which works for me. I'm not rich so can't afford a different brand for each season and I do a lot of winter hiking.  I am also working on my posture, concentrating on "butt in, chest out, lining up my spine and landing on my heels".  This posture techniques seems to work great on a flat road but not sure how I can climb a steep slope...worried about falling over backwards.  I have also heard that some people get a cortisone shot (please talk me out of this) into the nerve bundle.  My apologies if I haven't responded correctly to the forum.
Whimpie