[pct-l] My feet are killing me

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 1 16:58:31 CST 2010

I know exactly what you mean.  I suffer from the same thing.  After trying all kinds of doctors, I finely found the answer in a book.  It is Morton's Neroma.  It is is caused by a nerve halfway back up your foot that is encapsulated.  I have found that custom Orthodox help, but then I also have high arches.  When I am particularly troubled, I will also take an anti-inflammatory.  Otherwise, stopping and wiggling the toes does seem to help.  The doctors say that if the pain gets so bad that I can no longer stand it, they can go in and cut the nerve.  That will result in the loss of feeling and that may not be good for hiking. so...  try the Orthodox and the anti-inflammatory.

Shepherd