[pct-l] socks

John Licata licatas at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 20:43:07 CDT 2010

I have a similar experience  to yours Jeffrey.  Cotton, to cushioned running socks, to Wright Socks which were polypro, to finally Smartwool PHD's.  These have been flawless for me both long distance running and hiking.  No blisters and they seem to last forever. The best condition seems to be one where the sock doesn't move much and forms well to my foot, and of course breathes.
I do wonder how often socks suffer under sub-optimal boots or shoes though.  That is, if the shoe is a marginal fit, the sock is expected to 'take up the slack' and often can't.  Makes me wonder if the folks that purchase the custom fit boots have sock/blister issues?
John