[pct-l] shoe sizing, cont..... (and boots and other things

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 22:59:57 CDT 2010

Diane,

Your post about the barefoot woman was interesting to me since I just finished
reading Christopher McDougall's book "Born To Run" . It is about "the greatest
race the world has never seen" (the subtitle)   The Tarahumara Indians of
Mexico's Copper Canyons run incredible races of 50 miles or more over very rough
terrain - barefoot.  It is interesting that the author points out that many of
the foot problems that plague many runners have actually been created by the
popularity of high-tech running shoes such as those that Nike and other
manufacturers have introduced.  I think that you will find Chapter 25 especially
interesting. Our feet didn't evolve to wear shoes.

MendoRider