[pct-l] Warning to SPOT users who don't want to renew

Steve Cosner stevec at sfsu.edu
Mon Aug 23 14:44:29 CDT 2010

  On 12/31/1969 4:00 PM,  Timothy Nye  wrote:
> However, any MBA running a company is always looking to both increase and
> maintain a steady stream of revenues.  In my opinion, attributing the
> automatic renewal even remotely to a sense of altrusim, even if such
> may be
> asserted by the company, is naive.

I have a photo-sharing account with SmugMug, for which I pay a renewal
fee each year.   About a month before the renewal date, they send a
friendly reminder to check/update my credit-card info on-line, in case
the card number has changed.   Since credit cards expire, the number
they have on record may be out of date.

It seems like SPOT LLC could do something similar.   In fact, I wonder
what they do when they try to charge an expired card.  Anyone have that
experience?  Do they THEN send an email?

The SPOT web site and the company seems to be a little less
user-friendly than some.