[pct-l] Weather considerations anytime/ a must read

Eugene Leafty atetuna at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 21 14:23:44 CDT 2010

I didn't see interpret Ned's statement as saying we should carry heavier
versions of gear.  No.  I believe he meant that some type of gear should be
carried that's appropriate for the occasion instead of nothing at all and
hoping for the best.  I suppose it can get confusing though since Ned does
favor wearing "heavy" boots.

There are a couple items in my pack that will either be added or get heavier
next season, but some items are also going to be eliminated or replaced with
lighter versions and there's nothing wrong with that as long as it does the
job.

A shower sounds nice, although if it could be modified so that an air mat
pump would pressurize the solar shower...