[pct-l] Shipping to Manning

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Tue Aug 17 13:52:32 CDT 2010

>Has anyone ever shipped a box to Manning B.C.?
>We were thinking of shipping some "town clothes" there to wear on the way home

I'd recommend against it.  Definitely don't send anything there via UPS.  Last year, a hiker I finished with had a box sent to the Lodge via UPS and it never arrived.  It seemed to travel around B.C. for awhile before being sent back to the sender.  If you must mail something, I'd stick with USPS.  Though considering how remote the place is, you definitely would want to give them plenty of time to receive the box.

Instead of mailing some clothes, you could just buy some tourist clothes like a T-shirt at the store by the Lodge or wait until you get to Vancouver and buy some real clothes. As I had finished in early October, I had changed to hiking in long pants and a long sleeve full button shirt.  After some heavy washing, it worked well for spending a few days in Vancouver and Seattle before taking the train home.

-Miner