[pct-l] Permits and bear regulations, Mt. Thielsen to Mt. Hood

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 17:38:49 CDT 2010

Permits:

Yes if camping in (no if just passing through) the Three Sisters Wilderness. Call the Willamette National Forest office at 541-225-6300 or the McKenzie River Ranger District at 503-854-4239. They may also know about requirments in the other areas. Also see http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/index.html

Bear cannister: not required where you're going.