[pct-l] OT-advice for weekend trip in the Sierras

Will Rohrer wlrohrer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 13:59:12 CDT 2010

This isn't directly related to the PCT, but I thought this group might have
some good advice, or at least could recommend some resources to check out.

I'm looking to take a ~15 mile, easy-moderate weekend trip August 21-22.
We're coming from the bay area and want to do an overnight in the Sierras -
camp at a trailhead/car camp/stay at b&b Friday night, hike in Saturday,
hike out Sunday.  Would also like to avoid taking a bear canister if
possible.  Any advice on great places to go would be greatly appreciated!

-Will (Lucretia)