[pct-l] In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty

Dale Combs comebackwalking at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 20:24:10 CDT 2010

That is the conclusion of my Section O trip report with myself being the fool.
I carry four quart bottles. Watered up before camping, had one qt for dinner and one for breakfast. Two quarts only lasted until noon and it was ninety some degrees with a lot of sun. In 2009 I got a lot better at finding water. I learned some tricks. But I looked all over and couldn't find water on Section O in mid-July. I felt forced to turn around early.
I guess it goes with the territory. Once or twice a summer the streams, springs and seeps fail you. Or you fail them. The temperature was 116 on the drive home.
Or is everyone else more competent, do they have water whenever they want, 100% of the time? Or are they only 98% like me, have to suck it up, and mutter some deal with the angels so it never happens again?

Comfy