[pct-l] White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass in Late September

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Tue Aug 10 14:18:46 CDT 2010

I finished my PCT hike on Oct.2 last year.  When hiking Washington, other then a solid day of hard rain on Sept.19 that I zero'd at the lodge at Snoqualmie Pass, it wasn't until Sept.28-Oct.2 that I had bad weather.  I had snow for 4days until I finished.  Of course other years, hikers often talk about a lot of rain.  It just depends.  And any storm in late Sept can bring snow in the North Cascades so just be prepared.  Most years, hikers have no trouble hiking through what is thrown at them during this time of the year, but be prepared to turn around and quit if things get too bad.

-Miner