[pct-l] Rash Guard/ Sun Shirts as Base Layer?

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:58:28 CDT 2010

Dear Jesse,

I hike in those long sleeved Sun Block nylon/ spandex shirts that are made
for swimming.  I don't want to get too much sun hiking all day long and they
keep you, well, not too hot, even hiking up hill in 100 degree heat.  I also
wear a wide brimmed hat to keep the sun off my face.  I wear shorts as the
lower leg tends to get dusty, which is like SPF 80 anyway.  I wash the shirt
out every day (and bathe) at 2:00pm and then just throw it back on my body
to drip dry.  It drys quickly and they are very durable.

Yes, those shirts work very well!!!

Melanie