[pct-l] plant identification

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 19:20:28 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Eric Lee <saintgimp at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Len wrote:
>>
> And IMO, huckleberries are highly overrated.
>>

> That's it, turn in your hiker card on the way out the door!  <grin>
>

> Seriously, there are several different varieties of huckleberries.  The best
> ones are simply amazing: the short stubby plants that grow in high,
> sub-alpine areas.  Find them in early September when they've been warmed by
> the sun all day . . . wow.  There's just all kinds of fruit flavors mixed
> together.  It's indescribable.  Can't get anything like that from a store.
>
> Eric

Not that I didn't waste a large amount of time sampling.  And each
time, thinking, 'Where's the beef?'  Maybe they're better in the
northern 2/3 of WA I haven't hiked.

I'll take the berries that I had (what were they?), inbound to Cascade
Locks, any day.

--
'Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit' - Oscar Wilde

Sent from home by my carrier pigeon.